iPhoto To SQL is an export plugin for iPhoto that will create an SQL dump file with all picture metadata in addition to creating scaled images and thumbnails. If you've written your own photo gallery software, use this to get your photos, thumbnails and associated metadeta into your database backend.
iPhoto To SQL will create the following fields: id, title, comment, keywords, stars, date, album, thumbnail filename and image filename. You can set height/width maximums on the thumbnails and images and they will be rescaled with their aspect ratio preserved. In addition it will generate web-safe names that are easy to work with.
Changes in version 1.6:
- Updated to use official iPhoto Export SDK.
- Released source code on GitHub- linville/iPhoto-To-SQL. Go fork it today!
Changes in version 1.5:
- Updated to work with iPhoto 7.0
- Export multiple albums.
Changes in version 1.3:
- Added option to use title as filename.
- SQL inserts values by names to more compatible with tables that specify extra columns.
Changes in version 1.2:
- When exporting an album, the SQL file is named for the album.
Changes in version 1.1:
- Added Album column which is populated if a single album is selected when exporting in iPhoto.
- Added DROP TABLE to clear the database before imports.
- Id field is set to NULL (rather than to a number) so that imports will auto-increment correctly.
- Fixed issue with canceling an export not really canceling it.
Requires iPhoto v9.0 or later and Mac OS X v10.6 or later.